September 15, 2015
English scribe period 5
Things we did:
- Today we had a talk about our self assessments yesterday. Smith was impressed! She reminded us to look at the rubric while doing it and that if we didn't have every piece of the "3" category, we were a 1/2.
- We talked about ways to feel more in control of summary response writing. Smith said it would be a good idea to come in during off hours and discuss feedback in order to get a better grade. She talked about the importance of coming in and self-advocating.
- We talked about being overwhelmed and Smith said that our classroom was a safe space and if we're feeling crazy overwhelmed, just say so. Also, no question is stupid.
- Smith said to watch the Seinfeld episode "The Airing of Grievances."
- We read Othello Act 2 Scene 3
1. Re-evaluate your self-assessment based off the rubrics, which can be accessed in your google drive
2. Othello S/R act 2 due thurs/fri